Radio Times: Look What They're Going To Do Next Week Posted Wed Aug 9 21:59:52 BST 2000 by Wsluit Snije

Ahead of next week's issue:

RADIO TIMES' TOP 50 SITCOM MOMENTS AS CHOSEN BY THE STARS

1 DON'T TELL HIM PIKE (Dad's Army)
("I love the way that Mannering says that even though he's not supposed to be revealing Pike's name but he does by accident it's really really hilarious" - Jamie Theakston)
2 DEL FALLS OVER (Only Fools & Horses, last week)
("The look on Trigger's face is just unbelievable" - Mark Lewisohn, Radio Times)
("The audience laughed, because it was a very funny scene" - David Jason, probably talking about another scene in quite possibly a different programme. Never mind. You are all stupid and will not notice - even this sentence.)
3 WEIRD BIT FROM SPACED (Recently)
("The most original thing I've ever pretended to have watched in my whole life" - Alison Graham)
4 BIT OUT OF LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN WHERE THE SHOP WOMAN SAYS ARE YOU LOCAL
("Everything about this programme is completely original - not least the title!" - Kathryn Flett, The Observer)
5 THE ROYLE FAMILY WHENEVER JIM GOES "MY ****"
("Outrageous, but so much better than anything I'll ever do" - producer of Gimme Gimme Gimme)
("Viewers may - sorry *will* - be interested to know that "My **** - The Complete Jim Royle Rants" will soon be available as part of the BBC Radio Collection" - BBC Radio Collection)
6 SEINSTEIN - THE BIT WHERE MONICA, JOEY AND ROZ GET MARRIED. BUT NOT TO EACH OTHER!
("Puts Pay & Display to shame - my favourite's the dog" - Alison Graham)
7 THE LARRY SANDERS SHOW - ALL OF IT
("What? Oh, yeah - top! Top!" - Jamie Oliver)
("Please edit out the rest of what I say apart from this bit - it'll make me look as intelligent as your readers" - Ray Galton (who wrote Get Well Soon, and we all know how good THAT was, right?)
8 FRANK SPENCER ON ROLLER SKATES
("Hello, I'm not available to take your call right now. Please leave a message after the tone." - Michael Crawford)
9 VICTOR SAYS "I DON'T BELIEVE IT" ABOUT SOMETHING OR OTHER (ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE)
("Why oh why oh why can't we do comedy as well as the Americans?" - Kelsey Grammer)
("I can't even spell my own first name" - Phill Jupitus)
10 JOHN CLEESE DOES THE HITLER WALK (Faulty Towers)
("I remember when we made this back in 1975, I... - [edited owing to space restrictions]
John Cleese)

(Now turn the page to see Mark Gatiss or someone like that (yeah, young people, don't fall asleep!) name as many sitcoms as he can in 1000 words.)

[ Add Your Comment On This Subject ]
[ Add Your Comment Quoting Message ]